After the Pandemic started and because of lockdown we all were bound to stay indoors as much as possible, it's being observed that stay at home has badly affected the mental health of many.
We were not used to this lifestyle, not going to public places or friends or relative's houses, staying in, and not being to meet many.
Most of the people spent time watching some series on Netflix or Youtube but again excess of that also gets boring.
Like many others, I also thought of pursuing my long lost hobbies to engage myself in some creative work and feel happy :)
Pursuing a hobby actually helps a lot to de-stress
* Our minds get excited when there is a new and exciting thing to do and accepts that challenge and that helps to change our mood :)
* A calming activity like painting or gardening lowers the stress level and relaxes the mind.
* Group activities like painting or baking with kids are fun.
* Writer and Poets feel satisfied and happy when they are able to write something good.
* Hobby time is away from regular work time, be it office work some daily household chores
so it's ME time.
* It helps to declutter our mind, we stop thinking about negative things and problems and mind is diverted towards hobby ideas.
* It takes our mind to a new world of imagination.
After marriage and with small kids, my schedule was too hectic, sometimes it was even difficult to get time to relax.
So this free time during the lockdown period gave me enough time to relax and do what I was not able to do earlier. I started spending more time on writing ( which is a part of my profession) as well as some time to do other hobbies like Painting :)
I used to do a lot during my school days than there was a long break.
Thankfully last year I started again.
I started with bottle art.
It was something different from the ones I was doing during my school days but I thoroughly enjoyed it:)
First I saw some Youtube videos to get some ideas of doing bottle arts and paints and then ordered some good sets of paintbrushes and acrylic colors from Amazon.
And started doing it on various glass bottles which were already there in my kitchen :)
( Just cleaned them well )
Now have placed those glass bottles as Home Decor at many places in my house and feel happy whenever I see them.
My art & My Happiness :)
My daughters also did some as they also got excited at the thought of doing bottle art.
Sharing some pics